Total Pageviews

Wednesday, February 16, 2011

47/365...2011 Every Letter Makes a Sound

   Today was show and tell day.  Every Wednesday at preschool is the most exciting for Savannah.  The night before we put our thinking caps on to find the object that matches with the weeks letter they are learning.  This week is the letter "R"  Last night I was thinking rat, (like Mickey Mouse), Eric thought of Racoon (the one in a blue dress that Nana gave to Savannah).  She said she had a better idea.  It was her RAPUNZEL doll that Santa brought her for Christmas!  She had always wanted to take it to preschool, but had no real reason until today!  This morning when I woke her up she was ready in no time to start her special day.  On the way to preschool we started a new game this week.  On our 15 minute drive, I name words and she has to tell me what letter they start with and another letter in the word.  She is getting real good doing this! 

 I work with her some, but I am going to give the majority of the credit to the Leapfrog Learning DVD.  Her favorite sings the song, Every Letter Makes a sound the A says ah, the B says ba.... and all thru the alphabet! 

No comments:

Post a Comment