Total Pageviews

Tuesday, February 1, 2011

32/365...2011 What Season is it Mommy?

This morning we woke up to thunder, wind, hail and rain.  It was 64 degrees here in NW Louisiana (Shreveport/Bossier City).  Savannah and I snuggled up in our bed.  I got up to check the weather radio in case we needed to take cover in the guest room hallway. We were fine, just a winter storm warning!  We (I) decided we would be staying in today and I think we were both pretty happy.  Tuesdays are no preschool days.  It was nice and cozy in the house while outside our picnic table and umbrella had blown over and trash cans had been blown down.  We decided it was best to be here and not go to kid city since it was a 25 minute drive with the weather.  The local stations predicted a 30 degree drop in temps by early afternoon.  I seriously think it dropped from 64 to 31 in an hour.  It was crazy watching the temp drop!

Savannah decided she was going to play outside.  She took off her jammies and changed into new pet shop panties, a black t shirt, Toy Story Alien socks and silver sparkle shoes.  She was very angry when I told her she was not going outside to play due to the wind and cold.  She decided in order to keep warm, she would add her purple polka dot leggings to the ensemble.  What a fashion statement she was making!
 I kept telling her it was so cold.  She then said for me to build a fire that it was cold inside, but warm enough to jump on her trampoline if she also wore her Ohio State sweatshirt! 

She told me it was summer and hot outside.  I said no it's winter.  She told me last week all the leaves were blowing and that it was fall.  I said no it's winter.  She reminded me she was barefoot outside a few days ago.  True, she was but as of now it was in the mid 20's outside.  I told her we would need to wear out winter coat and hat the next day when we went outside. She then asked me if it was Christmas since I told her it might snow again this week.  Yesterday to gymnastics she wore her leotard, flip flops and a raincoat. 

All the things she had learned in preschool about the different seasons now meant nothing.  I fell just as confused as she did. What season is it?  Oh yea, its winter.  This past weekend we thought it was summer.  This coming weekend we drive to Dallas to get our Yellow Mustang Convertible.  We hope it will feel like fall or summer again.  I have been planning her springtime Birthday party and what she will be wearing for Easter.  I think that season is spring, but have no idea what the weather will be like!  Tonight the temps dip into the teens and the windchill could be as low as zero or one!  As for now, we are enjoying a cozy evening in our hearth room by the fire.  Thanking God for family and a place to call home, no matter what the season is.

1 comment: