Total Pageviews

Monday, January 3, 2011

3/365...2011

Tonight I sit here at my laptop stiff, lower back aching all the way down my legs.  Every few weeks I pull my lower back out.  Today I was busy. I decorated the dining room for Mardi Gras, after I cleaned and organized the buffet and china cabinet.  I vacuumed, cleaned the playroom, moved and organized the new toys, swept, played with play dough, dug for a fossil, cleaned the kitchen, living and hearth room. 

While I was working in the kitchen, Savannah climbed on top of her little white table.  Eric had left to run errands.  I told her to get down.  She immediately told me that Daddy had left HER IN CHARGE!  I laughed so hard I pulled my back again!  She recently said this same statement to my Momma about me leaving her in charge.  I corrected her and said she would never be left in charge.  I said that her Daddy or I would be sure to let her know when one of us left who would be the adult left in charge.

Later tonight as I went to bed to lay down with her while she was watching Scooby Doo werewolf for the umpteenth time, I asked her what would we do if she was in charge for the day.  She did not hesitate telling me.  She said we would play all day and jump on the trampoline.  We would wear costumes.  She would wear Rapunzel and I would wear the witch costume (because she said I liked witches?!).  We would shop for toys at Target and eat popcorn and Icees there.

I remember as a teen that I could not wait to be in charge.  I thought being all grown up would be perfect every day!  Little did I know!  Tons of responsibility come with being in charge and being a grown up.  You have to keep house, cook meals, take care of your family, pay bills, sacrifice, keep going if you are sick.  Not like the carefree days of being a teen!

Savannah has been out of preschool since the week before Christmas.  She does not go back till Friday.  Seriously I am thinking that one of these days she needs to be in charge!  Oh what fun we will have!  And if I pull my back out again - it will be from doing something FUN!

No comments:

Post a Comment