Total Pageviews

Tuesday, January 4, 2011

4/365...2011

Remember yesterday?  I mentioned having a day that Savannah was in charge?  Well, today was pretty much THAT day!

 When she woke this morning I told her I had a surprise for her.  I told her that we were going to KID CITY.  It is an amazing indoor play area that is probably 3 stories high.  It is at a local church.  They also have an amazing cafe that brews Starbucks coffee and other items!  Savannah was beyond excited.  She said "why Momma?, Is it because I picked up my puzzles and play dough yesterday"?  I said yes.  She eagerly jumped up, got dressed and we were out the door.  (OK, I am dreaming - It was still a struggle to get her out the door with teeth brushed, clothes on and bag packed.) 

She had a blast.  We met many friends there from many of the play groups I belong to, Moms groups, other Preschool Moms and Mothers of Preschool group Moms.  We are so blessed by our friendships we have made in this town.  Of course I know I was the oldest there today.  But these girlfriends make me feel young and pretty.  They all wanted my pink shoes I think.  SHOES - that will be another blog (LOL)!

Savannah was very well behaved, she never argued when I said it was time to go potty, get a snack or to leave.  After leaving we went to Sam's Club.  Not the nightmare I expected.  Thankfully my good friend Amy convinced me to go there instead of HELLMART, I mean Walmart.  Then I let Savannah get a blue icee.  I reminded her she was in charge. 

After leaving there, we went to visit her friend Maribella.  These two little girls love each other a lot - but they hug and fight just like any other 3 year old girls do.  Today was different.  I don't remember one fight/disagreement between the two of them!

So now, I have enjoyed a great day that my daughter was in charge. Savannah wants to know if she is in charge now that it is getting close to her nite nite time.  I told her I was again in charge.  She asked if we could let her be in charge again one day soon!   I just enjoyed my decaf vanilla chai tea latte and a chocolate cookie.  I pulled out my special Mississippi Mud works Tea cups and pot that I had designed esp for Eric and I on our first anniversary.  I sipped my warm tea while I dreamed and looked at the new Pottery Barn Catalog. 

Hmmmm... wonder who will be in charge tomorrow.  Will I have to do grown up things or not?

No comments:

Post a Comment