Total Pageviews

Tuesday, February 15, 2011

42/365...2011 Party Day (Friday February 11)

Today was a very exciting day for a little 3 year old girl named Savannah!  It was Preschool Valentine Party day!  It took quiet a while to load up all the goodies to take.  Savannah took cupcakes for her teachers, the Director Mrs Betty and Mr. Richard.  For her classmates she had a special Valentine card with her picture on it with Ladybugs.  She gave them heart gummies and Scripture conversation hearts.  I was excited to be working at the party.  She told me that Mommies could not go to the party.  She wanted to invite her Daddy.  She said I could come help and then leave.  I quickly told her that she had many many years ahead of her where I would be volunteering at school and being a room mother! 

There was a spin art game, find the heart treasure in the sandbox (rice instead of sand), ring the ball in the red bucket, ring toss and spin tic tac toe.  At each event they received a prize to go in their valentine pail. 

When Savannah saw me there she was very proud and excited!  It was a great day of seeing a lot of excitement in her eyes. 
 Excitement that I remembered as a little girl.  I remembered when I was about in the 4th grade that I found the night before a big white stuffed dog that my parents were probably going to give me for Valentine day.  So I decided to be sick the next day.  I could not wait till after school on Valentines day to get my present.  But, then I remembered the next morning if I was sick that I would miss out getting my valentines from my classmates!  They were hung on the rail of the chalkboard in our classroom.  So I decided it was best I go to school.  I did come home early.  I don't remember all the details if I was really a little sick or totally faking it.  I remember telling my sister Becky who is 5 years younger about how I came home early and got my valentine present before her!  She totally ratted me out!  It was many years later in high school that I played sick again.  I wasn't bad sick, just not feeling like school.  I am sure it was a Friday or Monday and it had something to do with a Days of our Lives episode!  I walked on the back screen porch that morning to get a coke from the coke machine.  There was a snake there!  I pushed my turquoise skateboard onto it and it went flying, I went screaming and that was the absolute last time I have ever played sick in my life!  I felt for sure that was Satan trying to get me!

As I write this blog, it amazes me the memories that come back from my childhood.  Ones that I have probably never shared! Tonight as I catch up on the past few days blogs I am remembering many things from years past valentines, while enjoying the new memories we are creating as a family with Savannah!

No comments:

Post a Comment