Total Pageviews

Thursday, February 3, 2011

34/365...2011 I Spy With My Little Eye...

I spy with my little eye a Triceratops, a Tyrannosaurus, a Stegosaurus and a Pterandon.  

Eric and Savannah read one of her I Spy books tonight.  I especially love it because this set of books are ones I bought between 12 and 15 years ago for Thomas, Chase and Haley. Savannah knows and loves her dinosaurs.  I am in my 40's and I did not know the names of the different ones.  If I did, I had erased it from my memory and replaced it with something else.

 I love how her brain is a like a sponge, soaking up everything.  Savannah loves to learn and she loves books.  She does not watch much TV compared to many other kids her age.  Every now and then I need it as much as she does. I love our DVR's and being able to record the good ones and show them at our convenience.  I can get a meal cooked, a floor mopped or take a shower.  She can learn something so interesting when watching the right type of TV show or video.  She learned her ABC's  and the sound of each letter from watching her Leap Frog DVDs. She has learned Spanish and so many other things from Dora the Explorer and Go Diego Go.  From Word Girl she is learning new words, their meanings and how they are used in a sentence.  She loves Sid The Science Kid. Today's show was about germs and how to get rid of them.  She calls germs diseasers!  She finally caught on when the teacher on the show explained that we could not see a germ with out naked eye.  It was so funny because she knew what naked was, but an eye being naked was just weird to her. Lately she is learning how to rhyme from her Dr. Seuss Books and watching The Cat in The Hat.  (He knows a lot about that!).

  Disney movies are great, some of my favorites.  I remember that when she was about 15 months old Eric bought her Cinderella.  I would play it in the kitchen while she sat in her high chair and I cooked dinner.  It wasn't long after watching it that she would clap a the happy ending.  That was so precious.  After she turned two and was talking, she learned the word stupid from that movie! 

Dinosaur Train on PBS has taught her a lot about the different Dinosaurs who live in  whimsical prehistoric world of jungles, swamps, active volcanoes and oceans, all teeming with dinosaur and other animal life, and connected by a train line known as the Dinosaur Train. Savannah made the decision that her 4th Birthday in March would be a Dinosaur theme. 

It's going to be a wild and bumpy ride for Eric and I in our older age as we learn again thru the eyes of our child.  I am excited about all of it except the science projects in the coming years.  I am sure her Daddy has that area covered.  If not, we can just review back to Sid the Science Kid TV show to help us out!

No comments:

Post a Comment