Total Pageviews

Friday, January 28, 2011

28/365...2011 Never leave home without your lipstick!

Today I kept Savannah out of preschool for us to continue working on her potty issues.  We had a fabulous day.  We could not stay in the house one more day.  I had tons of errands to do and she was just going to have to put on her "big girl panties" and deal with it.  She was a real trooper!  We went to a late breakfast at Strawn's with a few other Mommas and their sweet kiddo's.  She had her first Mickey Mouse Pancakes.  She ate really well since all the other kids were also eating.  We ran a few errands after and then went to a local museum and gardens to take pictures in her Valentine's outfit.  We were trying to take our own pictures for a friend to make Valentine Cards.  I can take pretty good pictures, but getting Savannah to have a natural smile while doing this is tough!  Professional photographers earn their money by making my princess have silly smiles.  When your Momma says "Hurry up and smile like you are happy and then we will go to Target", just doesn't work for her!  She was more interested in skipping rocks in the stream! After our photo session was over, she asked for her giant rainbow lollipop.  I asked what she was talking about.  She reminded me that Mrs. Liz gave her one after her last pictures taken at the gardens.  Well Liz, do you see what you have started now?  I had to buy her a small heart sucker at the bookstore.  It seemed to work and she has forgotten all about it being in my purse!  My Savannah is definitely NOT a pageant kid!  Trying to get her to have a cute pose, sitting, standing, tilting her head or putting her hands on her hips is a very awkward look for her! 

Later this afternoon we were running another errand.  She was in her car seat in the back seat.  She told me just a minute, she needed her lipstick first!  I just ignored her and noticed thru the rear view mirror she had her Toy Story Jesse backpack.  She dug around in it for a bit and told me she found it.  Savannah has a great imagination, so I just ignored her chatter.  Thinking she was pretending or that she had our chapstick was not what I should have been thinking!

When we arrived at the Jiffy Lube, I got her out of the car and the man was cracking up!  Savannah had RED lipstick all over her lips and a bit out of the lines.  It was precious!  He told her how purty (in a Cajun Country accent) that she was.  I have to agree.  She asked for a mirror and I let her see how pretty she was.  She asked for the lipstick again so she could make one side match the other.  I think she did pretty darn good for applying it without a mirror at the age of 3! 

So, as my Friend Mary R. reminded me today - Never leave home without your lipstick and mascara! 

2 comments:

  1. LOL : ) Love it all- especially that precious face covered in lipstick!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well Tina, that photo right there should have been your valentine's photo! It is perfect! I love it.

    ReplyDelete