Total Pageviews

Sunday, January 30, 2011

30/365...2011 Sister Wives

We watch very few shows here.  Over the years there have been a few HBO series we have been hooked on.  The Soprano's and Six Feet Under are shows that Eric and I mourned their ending!  Then came BIG LOVE.  We were hooked from the very first show.  I don't remember how many years ago that it was, but I am sad this is the last season of the show.  I don't know who I can relate to best. Most days it is Barb who seems the normal and most balanced one.  Nikki and Marjene annoy me a lot of times, but they truly make the show.  Bill is a pretty good husband and father. I love all the members of the compound.  Albi is a fool who I wonder how any wife could follow.  Bill's parents are the absolute funniest characters on the series. Nikki's Mother I remember watching years ago when she was on the TV show "Mary Hartman, Mary Hartman".  All of the actors have been in many other movies and TV shows and I am sure they will continue with something else after the series ends.

My friend Mary and I have often joked about being each others Sister Wives. We laugh so hard, only thinking of being able to help each other out with errands and the kids.  If I had a sister wife I would enjoy if they could split the housework with me.  I would keep the kitchen and living rooms clean and love the decorating.  I would go shopping at Target if they would shop at Walmart and the grocery store. I would cook the meals if they would clean the kitchen. If my sister wife would wash, fold and put away the clothes, I would mow the grass. I would dress up all fancy and go with Eric to nice restaurants and to the movies.  She would stay home and give Savannah a bath and get her to sleep.  I would take Savannah to preschool, but my sister wife would have to face the teachers and preschool director when Savannah misbehaved.  Eric says one wife is PLENTY!  After all, it took him till the age of 40 to walk down the isle with one wife! I don't really think Mary would agree with my plan of distribution of fun and chores! I would not want more than one sister wife and no more than one more child!  Every now and then it would be nice for Eric to have the brother husband to do all the things around the house that there are never time to complete. 

That's my little dream world and I am sure that is not the original plan of sister wives or the Morman Church! I will just enjoy the last season of Big Love and sit on the edge of my seat at each show. I wonder how many other friends have enjoyed the show and thought the same thing at times, laughing at themselves! 

For now I will just dream we win the lottery or some long lost relative leaves us millions so that I can hire a maid, gardner, chauffer and a personal shopper!

No comments:

Post a Comment