Total Pageviews

Thursday, February 10, 2011

41/365...2011 Who's In Charge Here?

Today was an ALMOST perfect day.  Savannah and I woke up and went to Kid City and met up with sweet Momma's and their sweet kids.  It was cold outside, 27 degrees!  There were a few snow flurries in the air.  Kid City is an awesome indoor place for kids to play, climb and slide.  There is a Cafe that brews Starbucks for us Mommies!  I was ready for a Skinny Latte!  As we left there Savannah said "Momma, I would rather go to Michael's Craft Store than Toys R Us."  Now, you should know I had not mentioned us going to either!  I thought she was pretty clever with this move!  So, how could a Mom resist?  We went to Michael's!  Savannah picked out a frame to paint for her Daddy for Valentines and ladybug cards to make for her friends.  I was pretty sneaky adding a few things to the buggy (or as Eric calls it a shopping cart) for Savannah's art bag as a Valentine gift. 

This evening after Eric arrived, I mentioned I needed to go to the grocery store to pick  up cupcakes and a few things for Savannah's preschool Valentines party.  We had a nice dinner together and I was on my way.  Eric headed to the bedroom to lay down with Savannah, watch Josie and the Pussycats and to have her fall asleep.  I enjoyed being out for nearly an hour.

Upon arriving, Savannah was standing in my bedroom hallway and had her eye covered.  She quickly ran to hide under the kitchen table.  I went to her and asked why she had her eye covered.  She seemed scared, as if she was going to be in trouble.  I got down on my knees and hugged her.  She came out and I told her she was not in trouble, but to please show me her eye.  OH MY!  She had mascara and eyeshadow on it!  She had a lot of mascara on her eyelashes!  She really did pretty good and was lucky not to poke or get it in her eye!  She took me to my bathroom and showed me where she moved the shower stool to turn on the light.  She opened the drawer to get the things to make her pretty like her Momma.  I asked what about Daddy?  She told me he had been asleep for 20 years!  She said she snuck out of the bed when he was snoring loudly and went to the bathroom.  Then we cleaned her makeup off.  I decided we better go check on her Daddy, who was still snoring loudly.  She climbed on the bed and tried to wake him up, no luck, I shook his shoulder and he just rolled over.  I looked on the floor and there was about 150 envelopes it seemed all over the floor.  She had emptied the box and said she was trying to cover the floor!  Then we went to the kitchen.
  She had started unrolling the Scotch tape and it was hanging off the counter!  What the heck, I had her stay up and help me decorate cupcakes for her preschool teachers.  She was just too darn cute! She kept asking me is SHE was in trouble and if I was not going to let her go to lunch bunch at preschool.  I told her no, she was not in trouble... but her Daddy was.  She said "Momma, don't get him in trouble.  Daddy didn't do ANYTHING, he was just sleeping!"

I was worried at what could have happened, tickled at what she did do, furious that Eric had no earthly idea  and had fallen asleep.  When I  lay down with Savannah I do everything I can to stay awake until she falls asleep.  Poor tired Daddy.  After decorating the cupcakes, Savannah went back to our bed to snuggle with her snoring Daddy.  It did not seem to bother her ears.  She watched Josie and the Pussycats again and fell asleep sideways in her Daddy's arms.  Somehow, in the midst of the craziness of the night, it was still her Daddy that put her to sleep!  It is now two hours later and he is STILL snoring loudly! 

Who was in charge?  From this morning it was Savannah who decided what store we would shop at and this evening it was Savannah who was in charge all alone for who knows how many minutes.  And why on earth did she not think to wash the dishes, pick her toys and clean the dinner dishes?  Next time, I will leave her a list of what really needs done! 

1 comment:

  1. Oh how this brought a laugh out in me this afternoon. Savannah is such a clever girl. This has happened to the best of us, and I often wonder who is really in charge when I leave the house. Now that they are older I know. THEY ARE! LOL

    ReplyDelete